NMRC uses the SPARC Ruleset along with the following ammendments for its competitions:
- No use of fire or flame weapons
- Magnets may be used for additional downforce on the steel floor but not for any other reason
- In the case of both robots being stuck together and unable to separate, there will be 1 separation per match
- Plastic Ant Rules: Western Allied Robotics Plastic Class Rules
- While most plastic ants are expected to be 3d printed, you may enter a modified toy, rc car, etc as long as it is still legal under the SPARC ruleset mentioned above AND YOU HAVE RECEIVED PERMISSION TO DO SO. Email or message firstname.lastname@example.org with photos and details of your toy entry.
- Shufflers will receive a 50% weight bonus
- Shuffler fairies would be 225 grams
- Shuffler ants/plastics would be 1.5lbs
- Shuffler beetles would be 4.5lbs
- Walkers will recieve a 100%* weight bonus
- Walker fairies would be 300 grams
- Walker ants would be 2lbs
- Walker beetles will only receive a 66.66% weight bonus which would make them 5lbs.
For any questions on the rules, please email email@example.com or post a question on New Mexico Robot Combat
|Less than 6 Robots
We will have 1 arena at this event, listed below are the details about it.
The NMRC Arena
- Fairyweights, Plastic Antweights, Antweights, and Sportsman Beetleweights
- Magnetic steel floor
- The arena 6' by 6'.
There will be a HexBug class as well.
- Brandon has robots to loan but you may bring your own.
- They may be slightly modified, but cannot have metal weapons or be able to throw other robots more than 2 feet.
- They must use the stock electronics.
- They can have custom armor and weapons but it must be plastic of some sort and it must have at least 3 pieces that are able to be knocked off.
- The matches will be 2 minutes long.
- The fight will end if all the parts of one robot is knocked off, thrown out of the arena, if it lasts for 2 minutes, or if one robot is unable to move.
- There will be a judge if the fight goes the full distance
- The signups are free for HexBugs, but you must email a picture, name, and small description of your robot to firstname.lastname@example.org.
New Mexico Robot Combat Club takes place at Cruces Creatives, 205 E Lohman Ave, Las Cruces NM. Parking is free. There will be a food truck or two for lunch and there are restaurants around.
Help with running these events is always appreciated. If you'd like to volunteer with setting up the arena, judging, pit-running, or arena tear-down please contact Brandon Hooker via email: email@example.com, or Tracy Hooker via Facebook Messenger, or on New Mexico Robot Combat
*all times are subject to change
|| Safety check-in
|| Fights begin
|| Lunch Break
|| Fights resume
|| Fights end, awards given
- 1st place for all weight classes will receive a cash prize
- 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place in all weight classes will receive a trophy
Competators: If you plan to compete, see each weight class below for registration fees
Spectating: Free! :D