***** REGISTRATION FOR THIS EVENT IS ON BUILDERSDB.COM*****
ATTENTION!!!.. SEMO - Combat Robotics is Hosting an event like no other!!. This will be a fundraising event for a Christmas Coat Drive...Therefore calling it ‼️‼️WINTER WARS ‼️‼️
Each year The Linda & Bob Holland Memorial Coat Drive helps over 400 families in need of Coats, socks, toiletries, gloves, and so much more.
This is in a VFW hall and they will have a menu of great food and drink available. Please no outside food as this is part of the benifit for them letting us use there venue.
We would love any help to get the word out.
Plastic antweight, Antweight, Beatleweight
We will highly enforce all safety practices
Rules will follow SPARC
8:00Doors and pits open.
8:30 Check in opens
9:00 Safety starts in the arena and the 4x4 test box
9:30 Check in closes, all builders should be in the building by now
10:15 Drivers meeting. All bots should be through safety. We will finalize brackets.
10:30 Fights begin.
Lunch for when applicable
5-6pm target end time
Any one that is willing to help tear down is greatly appreatated as we will be goiing out for food after!!
We will follow the basic SPARC ruleset. Full ruleset will be updated soon.
- No heat, fire, smoke, entanglement, or other weapons that do not fit the spirit of the rules.
- No weight bonuses for shufflers or other novel motion bots
- Bots will have 20 minutes between fights for repairs. This 20 minutes is per bot not per competitor, so if you bring multiple bots you might use up repair time while fighting with the others. We will give one 10 minute extension to each bot.
- 1 unstick per bot. We cannot promise that you won’t get stuck on the arena so be careful with your forks
- If your battery is exposed or outside your robot the fight will be ended immediately in a technical knock out (TKO)
Plastic antweight specific rules:
- Approved materials are 3D printed PET, PETG, ABS, PLA, and PLA+. This means that sheet ABS or cnc machined parts are not legal. If you have questions about a specific material’s legality then please contact the EO.
- We are implementing a blacklist for plastic antweights. The event winning bot in the plastic ant class will be banned from future events. The builder is welcome to come back with a new design though. This is to encourage wacky designs and trying new things and keep the plastic ant as a beginner and experimental league
- Full Double elimination
- 3 minute matches (2 minutes matches may be decided at the start if we have a abundance of bots)
- Judging criteria will be 5-6-6 for aggression, control, and damage (Standard SPARC Criteria)
Bracket links will be posted before the event but the matches will not be finalized until 11:30pm on the event date.
- Safety is the #1 priority for our events.
- All competitors will be required to wear eye protection in the pits and near the arenas.
- Batteries will be charged on a communal battery charging station and must be in a LIPO bag when charging.
- There will be a designated power tools area for drills, dremels, and soldering irons. Please remember to use proper PPE when using tools.