Registration is Hosted at https://buildersdb.com/events/1222
Robot Renegades at MIami Maker Faire (Univeristy of Miami, Watsco Center)
Maker Faire Miami is back in full force, we get to fight robots in the same arena UM plays basketball!!
This event is a team effort from Palm Beach Bots & Team Witch Doctor.
Miami Maker Faire is the debut of a two class ant system creating a smoother experience for builders. Instead of one giant bracket with an excess of rounds Ants are split into Ant Rookie & Ant Pro. Both classes are capped at 16. Rookie is not just for your first event, it's for anyone learning and growing in the sport. Even grizzled veterans testing new meta breaking designs are welcome with event organizer approval. Pro is for the seasoned and most destructive custom bots.
- Classes: Plastic Ant, Ant Rookie, Ant Pro, Beetle
- Schedule: Doors open 8AM for builders, fights start at 11AM Saturday, 10AM Sunday. Both days wrap at 5PM.
- A pre-paid registration of $20 per bot is required. This goes towards the prize money. Once your bot is approved BuildersDB will present a link to pay (The Stripe issue has been resolved).
- Prize Purse: Cash prize as a split on registration fees divided between first/second/third place.
- Pits: We have a decent amount of room but not unlimted. Pit space will be divided at our discretion to make room for everyone.
- Power is available, bring extension cords, power strips, lipo bags etc
- Pre-Event email will have any more specific instructions.
- Admission is free for builders/crew, capped at 4 per team.
Palm Beach Bots is sponsoring and will be on site with parts and kits to get you thru the fights.
Saturday April 15th
- Load In 8-9:30AM
- Safety/Weigh In: As soon as you're setup until the driver's meeting.
- Driver's Meeting: 10:30AM
- Fights start at 11AM and run thru 5PM.
Sunday April 16th
- Arrive by 9AM
- Fights start at 10AM and run thru 5PM.
SPARC ruleset with the following points of emphasis:
- No Fire Weapons Allowed
- A release will be signed by all competitors
- Plastic Ant Specs: Traditional SPARC Rules. No nylons, tpu or metal etc.
- Pit: We have a pseudo pit, more of an OOTA zone in the corner, there's a reasonable chance to escape. If you go in the pit you have a 10 count to get out before KO is called. Completely destroying the pit to get out is allowed and ecouraged :).
- Exposed batteries are automatic forfeits
- Motion: Battlebots rules, if you're moving it's motion so either tap out or your opponent will be obligated to annihilate you.
- Unsticks: Only if the two bots are stuck together. If you get stuck on something or your opponent sticks you somewhere it's up to you to break free.
- One postponement
- No entanglements
- Tapouts are allowed
- Match length: TBD day of event, will be 2-3 minutes depending fight volume
- Double Elimination with a single final.
- Most Important Rule - **HAVE FUN**
VOLUNTEERS WELCOME: We're happy to have any available volunteers help with the event. If you have family/friends coming that aren't fond of sitting in the pits all day playing games on their phone we can always use help. Pit Runners, Judges, Safety, and possibly announcers. Please reach out directly to email@example.com if interested.